Emails are still one of the most popular and widely used forms of communication. They are a convenient and swift way of sending messages. But no matter how short or long the missive is and how fast you send it, it conveys a sense of professionalism, unlike other messaging tools or platforms.
Because of these reasons, all businesses use emails as their primary tool for communication within and outside their organization.
How to Select the Right Email Hosting Service for Your New Business
Creating a corporate email account is one of the first things you have to do when opening a business. With an official business email address, you can do away with using your personal one. Your communications will be more formal, and you will have an easier time tracking them, as well.
This important part of the company setup process, though, comes with one challenging step: choosing your business email hosting service.
Since there are several email hosting services in the market, finding the best one that suits your business requirements can be tricky. However, you can narrow down your options by looking for and rating these key features:
Ease of use
Although creating and sending emails is not that complicated, you and your team will benefit greatly from choosing a hosting platform with web-based interfaces that are quick and easy to use.
Microsoft Office 365 Business Essentials, Rackspace, and Fasthosts are some of the hosting services that have interfaces that are easy to understand and navigate. Some local providers may offer top-notch email hosting services, as well, so look for these, too.
Keep in mind that with an interface that is easy to use, you and everyone in your team can complete administrative tasks in a timely manner. No one will have to spend several minutes trying to figure out where to find certain features and how to use them.
Reliable customer service
Although one of the benefits of having an email hosting service is having more control over your electronic mail settings and use, there will be instances when you will need tech or customer support. The best provider should be able to provide this day and night via chat, phone, and email.
This is a feature that you have to be sure you will have access to regardless of the time, and even during holidays.
If you want to be certain that your email hosting service provider is 100 percent dependable, read reviews about them online. Find out the extent of their service, as well. They should provide wide-ranging support ranging from installation to maintenance and troubleshooting to maintenance.
- This is the most crucial feature that you have to look for in your email hosting service.
- Many business communications contain confidential data that needs to be read-only by the intended recipient. If another person receives the message or someone else accesses it, it can result in data breaches, unauthorized access, and identity theft.
- All these can result in loss of income and the trust and confidence of your customers or clients.
- To find the most secure email hosting services, start by eliminating the free ones first since they lack the necessary security features that top providers offer at reasonable prices. Instead, look for one that provides security tools such as anti-malware, anti-spam filtering, and other data breach prevention tools.
- Additionally, selecting a business email hosting service that is certified by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) can give you further assurance that they are dependable and secure.
- Service providers that are certified by these bodies are allowed in the health and government sectors, and thus, have a good track record regarding their security features.
Deleting emails is a practice that many businesses are doing away with. After all, there is always that chance that you will need to revert to them in the future.
Because of this reason, you need to have an email hosting service that offers plenty of storage space. At the very least, each user or account should have 2GB of storage space so that archiving messages should never be a problem.
Also, look for a hosting service that guarantees users access to their archived messages and protects data with continuous backup and disaster recovery. By doing so, you will be sure these communications stay safe and never get lost.
Excellent availability and uptime track record
Lastly, an hour or so of downtime and inability to access your email is one of the things you never want to happen to your business, whether you are still in the business setup stages or already running it.
To avoid this, you have to choose a hosting service that guarantees at least 99.9 percent of uptime. Everyone in your company should be able to access their emails anytime, whether they are using a desktop, smartphone, or any mobile device.
With guaranteed access to your email account all the time, you can be sure you won’t miss out on any important communication that can potentially impact your business.
Since emails are versatile communication channels that can be used in various business processes, including marketing and promotions, you need to have an account that you can use and access anytime. You can only experience this and maximize the potential of this tool only when you choose the right email hosting service.