Concrete flooring is no longer the dull grey floors it used to be in the past. Concrete flooring is impervious to water, making it an excellent choice for areas such as a garage, kitchen, basement, bathrooms, and laundry rooms.
For a uniform, modernist design, contemporary architects are popularly employing concrete floors throughout the home. Acid staining, stamping, stenciling, tinting, and painting are just a few of the techniques that are nowadays used to create unique concrete flooring in your home.
Concrete is created by combining aggregates like sand and gravel which are then mixed with cement and water. Cement being a mixture of silica and other oxides along with gravel and sand makes a composite material and are thus, heavily used in building construction projects.
By adding different chemicals to the mix, we can also enhance the properties of basic concrete-like providing greater expansive properties. Concrete flooring can be either created in a lab or sold in the form of slabs or can also be created at the site of construction by mixing the concrete aggregate with water.
At Flooring Domain in Australia, multiple concrete dealers are listed who are reliable and can be trusted for your next concrete work. You can also get in touch with builders who favorably concrete as the choice of flooring material in their newly constructed buildings.
The Flooring Domain website in the USA also has dozens of concrete flooring suppliers registered with their online directory. You can contact these suppliers directly through the website to get instant resolution of queries. As a business owner, you can also look for potential customers who wish to install concrete in their homes.
Advantages provided by concrete flooring
- It can last for hundreds of years being a very tough and durable material.
- Concrete is especially good to use in areas with high foot traffic like shopping malls and children’s play areas.
- Resistance to chemicals and water is also high.
- There is no risk of growth of mold in concrete and can easily be placed in humid conditions like those basements as well.
- If you are looking for a warm floor in the winter, then getting concrete installed along with a floor heating system can fulfill your wish.
- On smooth and even concrete surfaces, you can also install other types of floorings like tiles or vinyl by using the stability of concrete as a subfloor.
- Concrete can also be used to create beautiful designs on the concrete floor.
Acid etching, stenciling, and stamping are some popular methods that are commonly used to create amazing designs on otherwise boring concrete floors. By using metallic flakes in the concrete mix, you can also create an energetic environment in home gyms or game rooms in your house.
You can also match trending rug designs to create a beautiful yet sturdy interiors in your house. You can find more ideas regarding using concrete in creative ways from various blogs written by interior and flooring experts on the Flooring Domain website.
New concrete installation can be pricey, but considering the durability of the material, concrete is cost-effective.