You will commonly see that most of the rehab centers have different types of rehabilitation programs and they are: inpatient and outpatient recovery programs. So, if you or your loved one is facing such addiction problems then you may need to know both the definitions, benefits, and drawbacks.
Addiction is a problem that can arise from the interplay of factors such as genetic, environmental, and behavioral. This can affect their life completely leading to many different problems in their life. So, people who want to get out of this addiction require help which can be given by rehabilitation centers. If you are looking for addiction inpatient treatment centers San Fernando valley, then you consider choosing The Concise recovery. They are well equipped to handle even the most complex cases with expertise in addiction to alcohol ad benzodiazepines.
About Inpatient and Outpatient Programs
The one which will suit you the best will depend on your needs and the addiction severity.
- Inpatient programs would want you to live in this treatment facility
- Outpatient programs include you attending the daily treatments at the clinic or the facility and later you can get back to your home or any other living arrangement for the rest of the time.
This treatment is best for people who want to get away from all the temptations or distractions and keep their focus mainly on sobriety. It is a full-time program that has a fixed period of typically 30 days to 90 days. This program has its benefits such as:
- Here you will get 24-hour care that will let you aim or focus mainly on recovering from your addiction and also on sobriety.
- This will also have a supervised detoxification
- Medication will also be given if required
- There will be individual or group therapy too
Every program will be different where it also includes family therapy and some life training like yoga and medication. This program provides people with long-term care and can help them to transition back to their normal life easily.
In this treatment, you will visit the facility at regular intervals. It mainly consists of programs like counseling individually or in groups. The therapies that are included here are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This will help you to understand the thoughts and the behaviors that contribute to this substance addiction
- Contingency management: This consists of receiving positive enforcement that will motivate you to get away from this addiction
- Motivational interviewing: Here the therapist will make you overcome this hesitation for getting this treatment
- Matrix Model: This type will include all the cognitive behavioral therapy, contingency management, family therapy, drug testing, etc.
- Multidimensional family therapy: This is to improve family functioning (majorly used for adolescents).
In this treatment, even though it is done on the daily basis, it will not put you away completely from the temptation of drugs and substances. That is the reason it is not better for people who have severe addictions.
Whatever program you want to choose or which one is better for you will depend on your counselor. Hence, it is better to take their help immediately.